< Back to Job Listings
Company: ESG Solutions
Date Posted: July 29, 2014
Closing Date: August 28, 2014
Position is: FT
Hours Per Week: 37.5
How To Apply:
ESG is a rapidly growing enterprise with offices in the Middle East, Asia, the U.S. and Canada. ESG offers worldwide opportunities, a flexible benefits program and competitive compensation.
Apply via email to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting “KAPENG0714-KK” in the subject line.
ESG thanks all interested applicants, however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Engineering Seismology Group Canada Inc. (ESG Solutions) specializes in solving engineering problems using microseismic monitoring and applied geophysical technology. ESG is a rapidly growing global operation with products and services implemented worldwide. We are recognized as the industry standard for induced microseismic monitoring.
Please visit the ESG web site at www.esgsolutions.com for more information.
The successful applicant will join ESG’s Engineering department as an Applications Engineer, reporting to the Applications Manager. The Applications Engineer will be responsible for all engineering tasks relating to the proposal, implementation, commissioning and support phases of Microseismic Monitoring projects.
Duties of the successful applicant will include:
• Research and development of new project-driven ESG products.
• Investigating new products, deployment strategies and 3rd party technologies.
• Designing photovoltaic systems to support remote microseismic, instrumentation and communication systems.
• Performing radio link analysis, design and simulation.
• Development, improvement and automation of validation procedures for ESG products.
• Engaging in technical discussions with clients and ESG’s Sales group, and generating feasibility studies, specifications, drawings, and pricing documents.
• Providing Engineering specifications and drawings to ESG’s Petroleum and Mining/Geotech Service groups for the purpose of design, manufacture and commissioning of global client projects.
• Providing technical support to internal ESG departments.
The Applications Engineer will demonstrate an understanding of the practical limitations and logistics that surround the deployment of electronic instrumentation and electromechanical systems in an industrial setting in order to provide timely, qualified, technical information to the various operating groups at ESG.
Work Site Location:
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Minimum bachelor’s degree in Engineering with a specialization in Electronics. (Accepting Electrical, Physics, Geophysics, Applied Math, Mechanical, Petroleum).
• New graduates who demonstrate a natural aptitude for a wide variety of technologies and an ability to investigate problems independently and effectively.
• Prior knowledge of wireless communications systems, networking, data acquisition, instrumentation and LINUX.
• Exposure to industrial instrumentation systems, oil-field technologies, downhole tools and seismic monitoring is a significant asset.
• Registration as a Professional Engineer (P.Eng.) or on track for registration by a provincial or territorial association.
• Prior knowledge of wireless communications systems, networking, data acquisition, instrumentation and LINUX is considered an asset.
• Possess an active understanding of ESG’s product offering and the limits of the technology.
• Knowledge of seismology is an asset.
• Legally eligible to work in Canada.
• Highly motivated with strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Copyright © 2014 Kingston Employment and Youth Services