< Back to Job Listings
Company: Oxford Seminars
Date Posted: March 31, 2014
Closing Date: April 30, 2014
Position is: FT
Hours Per Week: 30 - 40
How To Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “KY CAF” in the subject line.
Oxford Seminars is looking for a full time Course Advisor to join the Customer Service team in our Kingston head office. We offer a professional and dynamic working environment with flexible scheduling available throughout the week, including evenings and weekends. Our hours of operation are Monday to Friday 8:30am - 10:00pm as well as Saturday and Sunday 8:30am - 5:30pm.
As a Course Advisor some of your responsibilities include enrolling students in our Canadian and U.S. courses, effectively communicating information related to registration, payment, curriculum, as well as responding courteously and professionally to student inquiries.
- Respond to inbound student inquiries, primarily over the phone, by email and social media, in a courteous, professional and efficient manner;
- Effectively communicate information related to registration, payment, curriculum, agenda, additional services, and terms & conditions;
- Register students in our courses as well as create and enter student details in the database;
- Ensure accuracy and consistency of information, continuously improve your knowledge of courses, products & services while respecting confidentiality;
- Follow up with students concerning course updates, changes, etc.;
- Request, receive and process in-bound mail;
- Check and process refund transactions with high attention to detail;
- Responsible for reviewing, cooperatively completing, tracking and reporting results of various departmental tasks;
- Apply continuous improvement methodology by regularly providing feedback and suggestions for creatively nurturing the growth, integrity and reputation of the corporate brand;
- Conduct online research and compile data;
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Work Site Location:
Downtown Kingston Location
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
- Post secondary diploma or degree;
- Minimum 4 years customer service work experience in a sales, service, marketing or business industry;
- Exceptional customer service skills;
- Excellent communication skills – oral & written:
- Convey complex information in a professional, positive manner;
- Build and maintain excellent working relationships;
- Listen effectively and provide clear, concise information;
- Well organized with the ability to prioritize and problem solve effectively;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Internet applications;
- Accuracy, attention to detail and strong decision making skills;
- Demonstrates the ability to work efficiently and responsibly with minimal supervision and in a team environment;
- 15+ month commitment preferred
- Knowledge, understanding or experience with LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, GRE tests, TESOL / TESL / TEFL teacher training certification or the private education industry considered a valuable asset.
Other Job Requirements:
Copyright © 2014 Kingston Employment and Youth Services