< Back to Job Listings
Customer Service Supervisor
Company: Oxford Seminars
Date Posted: July 21, 2014
Closing Date: August 31, 2014
Position is: FT
Hours Per Week: 40
How To Apply:
Email a cover letter and resume in MS Word compatible format to email@example.com. Please indicate \"KY CSS\" in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Customer Service Supervisor
Oxford Seminars is searching for highly motivated Customer Service Supervisors to join our Kingston head office team full time. We offer a professional, dynamic and engaging work environment with hours of operation from Monday to Friday 8:30am - 10:00pm as well as Saturday and Sunday 8:30am - 5:30pm.
As an experienced leader, you have demonstrated outstanding customer service awareness over the past several years. You are eager to continue doing so and, by incorporating your insights, are excited to coach others to provide the same level of service across multiple communication channels (e.g. phone, email, social media, etc.). To that end, you will work afternoons / evenings and some weekends to support the Customer Service Manager in successfully managing the team and developing a Customer Service philosophy that is complementary to key business objectives.
• Effectively respond to student inquiries and communicate information related to registration, payment, curriculum, agenda, additional services and terms & conditions
• Provide leadership to the team through orientation, training and ongoing support while ensuring awareness of and compliance with company policies and procedures
• Develop and maintain positive relationships by offering recognition when superior customer service is provided and identifying opportunities for continuous improvement
• Exercise initiative and creatively problem-solve when atypical events occur, ensuring details are documented clearly, concisely and accurately
• Assist with staff recruitment, scheduling and performance reviews as well as office equipment maintenance requests, inventory control and supply orders
• Maintain a commitment to a strong level of service knowledge, quality and consistency to drive team performance and provide consistently outstanding customer service
• Perform other duties as assigned
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Post-secondary diploma or degree in business or equivalent and three (3) to five (5) years customer service experience OR an equivalent combination of education and experience
• Three (3) to five (5) years progressive supervisory experience
• Outstanding customer service awareness, interpersonal and communication skills with desire to develop, coach and motivate team members to be successful
• Well-disciplined with a strong work ethic, broad understanding of business and demonstrated ability to effectively build and sustain a positive and supportive team environment that provides excellent customer service
• Excellent organizational skills, including management of time and multiple tasks, while remaining attentive to detail and thorough in process
• Assertive, proactive and professional with proven strong analytical, problem solving, persuasion and decision making skills
• Demonstrated ability to exercise the utmost tact, discretion, confidentiality and diplomacy with a very strong eagerness to learn
• Knowledge, understanding or experience with LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, GRE tests, TESOL / TESL / TEFL teacher training certification or the private education industry considered a valuable asset
Oxford Seminars was founded in 1992 by offering test preparation courses on Queen’s University campus. Today it is a thriving and growing company, offering preparation courses for the LSAT, MCAT, GMAT, and GRE as well as TESOL / TESL / TEFL teacher training certification courses for students wanting to teach ESL abroad. We offer courses year-round in over 100 locations across Canada and throughout the U.S.
Copyright © 2014 Kingston Employment and Youth Services