The 1000 Islands Chamber of Commerce is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Executive Director.
The selected applicant will require an exceptional ability to:
· Execute a strategic plan set out by the Board of Directors,
· Operate the business of the Chamber, including but not limited to, staff management, preparation of budgets and regular review of financial results, all the while maintaining the entrepreneurial spirit that mirrors that of or member organizations.
· Manage membership retention and growth
· Act as the spokesperson for the Chamber when appropriate
· Maintain internal and external communications of the Chamber fully utilizing web based tools and resources
· Provide support to the Board of Directors and board committees
· Oversee planning of various events during the year, always seeking to inject new ideas and innovation into each event
· Oversee the management of the Tourist Information Centre
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Minimum of 3-5 years business experience
· Proven experience in the execution of sales plans and in the over-achieving of results.
· Above average knowledge of financial management;
· Proven track record in managing a team and experience in public speaking.
· Experience with working with all levels of government and committees.
· Experience working with and liaising with diverse interest groups;
· Advocate for economic well-being and development in the 1000 Islands region;
· Experience with Microsoft Office and other related software.
· Experience in various social media platforms
Qualified candidates should submit their application in confidence by Thursday December 15th, 2012 to email@example.com