Basic Function: This position is responsible for keeping accurate financial records of all company transactions, reconciliation of bank statements, maintenance, monitoring of accounts and the creation of accurate and timely financial statements for use by senior management and portfolio owners. The creation of financial transactions includes preparing payroll, posting information related to payables and receivable to accounting software from source documents.
Reconcile, compile, and track financial information using Quickbooks and Propertyware (industry specific cloud based accounting and CRM platform) in order to maintain an accurate balance for a given accounting period; post payments received and prepare payments to vendors, contractor, or clients.
2. Communicate verbally and in writing with portfolio fund recipients, and residents in order to resolve discrepancies and exchange or relate information regarding contract budgeting compliance, financial record corrections, and inter-department/agency appropriations or expenditures.
3. Prepare, track and report all government remittances related to payroll, WSIB, HST and Corporate tax in compliance with government standards within required business reporting frequencies.
4. Prepares periodic summaries of financial transactions that may include balances, revenue and expenditure statements, statistical cost and operating reports to support annual reports to government agencies, portfolio owners and senior management.
5. Interprets and explains rules, regulations, and policies regarding fiscal programs to staff to ensure compliance with contract terms and accounting procedures.
6. May supervise or act as a lead worker over clerical accounting staff; plans, organizes, and directs work.
Ability to: read, interpret, and apply rules, regulations, policies involved in fiscal recordkeeping; compile and present fiscal or financial data; learn accounting structure, financial guidelines, systems; learn basic budgeting; maintain journals and ledgers; make arithmetical calculations, including ratio, rate, and percentage; create excel spreadsheets and reports; act in a lead capacity over clerical property level accounting team members; communicate general and technical information; maintain working relationships with government officials, superiors, co-workers, residents and the public; train team members on departmental practices and procedures; identify and resolve discrepancies in accounting records.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and cover letter to Careers@VarsityProperties.com . Deadline to receive applications is 10:00 AM, Monday, February 11th, 2013
About Varsity Properties Inc.: Founded in 2003, Varsity Properties Inc. has grown from a small collection of Kingston, Ontario homes surrounding Queen’s University to a vertically integrated team focused exclusively on the design, building and operation of premium housing for students attending Ontario’s best Colleges and Universities. In 2013 Varsity Properties is breaking ground in Oshawa & Guelph Ontario, tripling the size of the total portfolio to 1,500 beds.