Working in alignment with the operational requirements of our innovative and agile organization, this role will have two major focuses. Using your experience you are responsible for managing all aspects of our current network, hardware, software and telecommunication systems. Secondly, using your knowledge of current and upcoming technologies you will provide the management team with detailed insight and direction on which ones best serve the needs of our business with a focus on the efficient use of capital and minimizing operating expenses while adhering to quality standards and Good Documentation Procedure.
The Network & Systems Administrator reports directly to the VP of Operations.
· Performing network design and capacity planning while maintaining the current network infrastructure and policies.
· Managing servers (users, file, database, virtual, email, print, etc.) and their associated operating systems and software.
· Managing and maintaining security solutions, including firewall, anti-virus and intrusion detection systems.
· Managing all network hardware and equipment, including switches, firewall, VPN, and patch panels.
· Developing, implementing and maintaining policies, procedures and associated training plans for network resource administration, appropriate use, and disaster recovery.
· Daily server administration and troubleshooting.
· Providing network administration and troubleshooting of an Exchange 2010 Email environment.
· Maintaining data communications and connection solutions, including LAN, WAN & VPN
· Performing server and security audits.
· Maintaining test, development and production servers for various applications and systems.
· Performing system backups and recovery.
· Planning, testing, and integrating hardware or software implementations into the network and server virtualization environment.
· Planning, acquiring, and coordinating installation of in-house and remote hardware and software across the organization’s network
· Researching cloud-based computing technologies; assessing their value for our organization; and planning and implementing them accordingly.
· Establishing and managing operating and capital budgets.