Company: City of Kingston
Wage: $22.31 - $27.40
Date Posted: February 26, 2013
Closing Date: March 8, 2013
Position is: PT
How To Apply:
To apply and for more information, visit our website at www.cityofkingston.ca/careers
Your resume or application must clearly demonstrate how you meet the requirements of the position. We thank all of those who apply; however, only those selected for further consideration will be contacted. The City of Kingston is an equal opportunity employer. Information collected will be handled in accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act. The City will no longer be accepting applications for external jobs by email, in person, via fax, or by mail. Please visit our website for detailed information on how to apply for externally posted positions.
Position Summary· Liaise with industry/public to promote understanding and encourage compliance with all appropriate bylaws and provincial acts.
· Respond to external inquires pertaining to provincial acts and municipal bylaws.
· Investigate and follow-up on client/resident complaints.
· Issue warnings, infraction notices or summons in case of non-compliance and conduct follow-up site visits to ensure compliance with municipal bylaws and provincial acts.
· Monitor vehicles for compliance with parking and related bylaws by foot, bicycle or in a vehicle.
· Prepare reports and update databases as needed.
· Serve legal documents.
· Collect license fees where applicable.
· Compare documentation for Legal Services, attend court and give evidence in support of charges.
· Enforce animal control bylaw including apprehension of dogs and cats at large.
· Liaise with internal business units as required.
· Assist with general duties in by-law enforcement office.
· Other duties as assigned.
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
• Grade 12 diploma or equivalent education plus successful completion of one year post secondary education. Police Foundations, Law & Security or related programs would be preferred.
• One year related experience in addition to three years proven customer service experience.
• Court proceedings and by law enforcement experience preferred.
• Working knowledge of Word, Excel & Outlook.
• Knowledge of and experience with dog and cats considered an asset.
• Must have and maintain a valid class “G” licence with the ability to provide own vehicle.
• Must have and maintain a satisfactory CPIC at candidates own expense.
• Must demonstrate corporate competencies: Customer Focus, Results Orientation, Integrity, and Teamwork.
SKILLS, ABILITIES, WORK DEMANDS
• Demonstrated ability to perform under high pressure and stressful conditions at times.
• Strong conflict resolution and excellent public relations skills required.
• Ability to operate efficiently and effectively in a fast paced, multi-task environment.
• Must be team oriented, flexible, able to communicate effectively verbally and in writing and committed to continuous self-improvement.
• Good physical condition; able to perform assigned duties in any weather.
• Ability to apprehend dogs and cats.