Company: Kingston Humane Society
Date Posted: February 25, 2013
Closing Date: March 8, 2013
Position is: FT
How To Apply:
Please submit a cover letter and resumè that clearly indicates how you meet the qualifications for this position to email@example.com by Friday March 8, 2013. Please include the position, Volunteer Coordinator in the subject line.
Additional information at www.kingstonhumanesociety.ca. No telephone calls, please. We thank all applicants; however, only those being considered for interviews will be contacted. Remuneration to be determined based on qualifications and experience.
The Kingston Humane Society, a non-profit organization, is seeking a flexible and energetic individual to fill the position of Volunteer Coordinator. The Volunteer Coordinator reports to the Operations Manager and is responsible for the continued development of volunteer programs, policies and procedures.
Duties will include:
· Develop and maintain a volunteer program, including policies and procedures manual
· Recruit and oversee training and supervision of volunteers
· Maintain volunteer records and coordinate volunteer schedules with opportunities.
· Prepare reports and budgets
· Liaison with the community to promote volunteers and foster positive volunteer relationships through guidance, support and feedback
· Manage the Humane Education program The successful candidate will be available to work flexible hours including some weekends and evenings, as required.
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
Demonstrated experience in organizing and delivering training workshops, developing training materials, public outreach, and community development work
Previous experience in volunteer planning, development and evaluation
Experience in supervision and assessment and program management
Ability to work in a team environment, to be flexible and to meet deadlines
Excellent interpersonal, communication and conflict resolution skills
Strong organizational skills
Valid Driver’s license
Previous experience in project management, fundraising and public relations
First Aid, CPR, WHMIS and/or WSIB certification
Familiarity working with an organization that is managed by a Board of Directors
Previous experience working in animal welfare and/or veterinary clinic
Other Job Requirements