Company: RKY Camp
Wage Comments: Volunteer - Room and Board Provided - RKY Camp is able to trade spaces in summer camp programs for interested candidates.
Date Posted: March 25, 2013
Closing Date: April 30, 2013
Position is: FT
Hours Per Week: 40 (Please see Job Description)
How To Apply:
primary role of the volunteer wellness coordinator is aid in the day to day Wellness
operations of RKY Camp.
Aiding with Opening day intake
and wellness centre organization.
- Daily tasks:
- Daily Scheduled Medication Distribution
- Providing First Aid
- Documentation and Reporting
- Parent Communication
- Stocking and re-stocking various camp
first aid kits.
- Conducting Post Out Trip wellness Checks
on all participants
- Participating in Senior Staff Duties of
- Transporting campers to local Clinic
- Providing Wellness Directives to Camp as
- Communicating with the Camp Director on
a daily basis
- Other Duties as Required
Work Site Location
Various Two Week Commitments Available
Individual Session Commitment Dates
Session 1: July 2nd – 14th
Session 2: July 17th – 29th
Session 3: August 2nd – 14th
Session 4: August 17th – 29th
1194 Sugarbush Lane
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience
• Experience or a desire to work with Children and Youth
• Minimum 2 years in a Professional Nursing Program
o Additional Qualifications: RN, RPN, LPN, MD, EMT,
• Current certification in Standard First Aid and CPR Level C
• G class Driver’s License and a clear driving record (Insurable under RKY Camp’s automobile policy)
• A clear vulnerable sector Criminal Reference Check.
• Additional experience healthcare experience.
- Room and Board Provided
- Volunteer Healthcare staff have to opportunity for free enrollment of their children, grandchildren or additional children (upon approval of the camp director) in RKY Camp summer programming.
- Volunteers will be required to show up the evening prior to the first day of registration for a mandatory training evening.