< Back to Job Listings
Company: OLG Casino Thousand Islands
Wage: 14.04 - $17.55
Wage Comments: hourly + 6% vacation
Date Posted: May 24, 2013
Closing Date: June 23, 2013
Position is: PT
Hours Per Week: 0-40
How To Apply:
OLG Casino Thousand Islands
380 Hwy # 2, PO Box 159
Attention: Human Resources
OR FAX: 613-382-4410
OR EMAIL: HRTICC@OLG.CA
Must adhere to the Alcohol & Gaming Commission of Ontario, and other applicable municipal, provincial and federal laws and regulations. Assist in maintaining good public relations with patrons and maintain an open door policy with all employees. Comply with safety and security standards of the corporation and complying with pre-determined internal control procedures. Is responsible for preparing all menu items with strict adherence to specifications in a safe and sanitary manner. Ensure a high calibre of food service for guests and staff through proper preparation and presentation of food and the maintenance of a clean and organized workspace in compliance with the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the requirements of the Board of Health.
Major Responsibility Areas:
• Receive deliveries and ensure the safe storage of food stocks and food rotation.
• Maintain a clean and safe work environment, rectify or notify Cooks Level II of any safety issues.
• Prepare meals and food for the buffet (where applicable), coolers and warming ovens. Ensure proper storage and efficient and accurate service of food and meals. Receiving a la carte orders via computer print out and monitoring the food levels on the buffet (where applicable) and in the staff cafeteria, replenishing as necessary.
• Prepare and present meals to staff in staff cafeteria, respond to questions and concerns, and complete cash transactions where applicable.
• Maintain stock levels, noting shortages and communicating to next shift and Cooks Level II.
• Maintain equipment, clean and safe to use, notifying Cooks Level II of any problem.
• Communicate with prior shift with respect to duties needing to be completed, and problems or issues that need to be addressed or aware of.
• Attend pre and post shift meetings to keep informed of chemical use, review safety precautions, review changes to and existing policies and procedures, review menu and duties.
• Determine the special for the staff line.
• Monitor door while staff retrieve items form outside fridge and freezer.
• Monitor break schedule and provide back up/ relay deviations from break schedule to Cooks Level II.
• Monitor guests for intoxication and age of majority.
• Additional or different responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of position’s supervisor.
Work Site Location:
OLG Casino Thousand Islands, Gananoque
Minimum Requirements / Work Experience:
• Minimum High School graduate or a minimum of one (1) year related work experience.
• Safe food handling course.
• Knife handling skills.
Other Job Requirements:
Copyright © 2013 Kingston Employment and Youth Services